- UKDHM is an annual event creating a platform to focus on the history of our struggle for equality and human rights.
- The theme for this year will be “Celebrating Our Struggle for Equality”, in order to reflect on our history as disabled people and our struggle for our rights.
- UKDHM is encouraging YOU to get involved, as an individual, a member of a community or any larger organization.
- But it doesn’t have to be just during the month. Celebrating our Struggle for Equality should be happening all year round.
- You can start by helping us spread the word across the UK by
‘liking’ us on Facebook > UKDisability Histoy Month (Official) or
following us un Twitter #UKDHM
- If you organize anything, big or small, let us know and we will post it on our website
- So, please look at the list to the left hand side – and discover the ways in which you can get involved.
- The Equalities Act and the UK ratification on the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities are both strong pieces of legislation that should ensure equality and rights. However in reality, this is not taking place due to the negative attitudes, prejudice and discrimination in all areas of life.
- We need your help! Let’s be part of the solution, not part of the problem!